The GMS310 Spectral Gamma Logger is ideally suited for the user that requires easy operation and rugged reliability. This is especially useful in the geophysical field of well or borehole logging and also other industrial applications such as the scrap metal recycling sector. Three Regions of Interest (ROI) are pre-programmed from the factory with a total of 6 ROIs allowing the user to preset specific radionuclides important for your investigative or operational environment. With the GMS310, you don’t need to be a physicist to understand the results as is common with more complex units that provide spectrum data for radionuclides unimportant to your operation. The GMS310 comes preset with commonly used radionuclides, such as Uranium, Thorium and Potassium. In addition to the 6 ROIs the unit uses an additional region covering the entire energy range for overall gross measurements.
Operation of the GMS Core Logger is accomplished through the use of the 6 large buttons that are easily operated even while wearing gloves or PPE. The buttons are color coded into function groups for power:
In addition to the large buttons, the display has a bright backlight to for easy operation in bright sun light or lighting conditions. The backlight on/off timing is adjustable via the menu.
With the large 51 x 51 mm (2 x 2 in) NaI detector the GMS310 provides quick isotope detection and identification times to increase worker efficiency and eliminate wasted time. Sampling time is selectable via the onboard menu. Data is stored in the instrument and the measurements can be extracted to a PC with the weatherproofed enclosed USB connector. Behind the weatherproof enclosure is also the power recharging jack.
- 128 x 64 pixel transflective LCD with white LED backlight
User Controls - 6 Button Operation
- USB Type B for connection to a PC
- Large 51 x 51 mm (2" x 2") Nal(TI)
- 2 NiMH 4000 mAh 'C' size batteries
- ~12 hrs. operation at 20°C
- Input Supply 110 to 240 V AC, supplied with worldwide connectors
- Operating Range: -10°C to 50°C (14°F to 122°F)
- Slowed Display at lower temps: -20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)
GMS310 External Dimensions
- 330L x 150H x 90W mm (13"L X 5.9"H X 3.5"W)
Transport Case Dimensions
- 500L x 210W x 390H mm (19.7"L x 8.3"H x 15.4"W)
- 7.5 kg (16.5 lbs) with GMS310 and accessories
Included with Purchase
A rugged case, rechargeable batteries, battery charger, USB cable and PC software are included and complete the GMS 310 package making the unit ready to use out of the box (after fully charging the batteries).