Harshaw TLD Training - Passive Dosimetry
Key benefits are:
- More cost effective than offsite training
- Customized Training solutions
- Best Practices via Diverse Dosimetry Technical Knowledge
- 32 AAHP Continuing Education Credits (CECs) are available ID Number: 2016-00-039 for calendar years 2016-2019 with the standard course
Onsite training programs are considerably more cost effective for groups of 4 or more compared to traveling to general training courses and available on your schedule throughout the year. In addition, onsite training has less of a disruptive effect on the organization or attendees personal lives.
Typical Training Agenda Components:
- Thermoluminescence Concepts
- Radiation Quantities & Units
- Properties of LiF:MgTi, LiF:Mg,Cu,P & Others
- TLD Readers Overview & Function
- Multi-Element TL Dosimeters
- Reader Calibration Factors (RCFs)
- Element Correction Coefficients (ECCs)
- System Calibration using 137Cs with Relation to 90Sr or other calibration sources
- Whole Body Dose Algorithms
- Extremity Dose Algorithms
- Environmental Dose Algorithms
- DOELAP & NVLAP Accreditation Programs
- TLD System Operation Overview
- WinREMS & WinREMS SQL Software
- Glow Curve Review & Analysis
- TLD Reader QA/QC, Operation & Maintenance
Other Topics that may be Included:
- Preparing technical basis documentation or review
- ISO-17025 preparation or review
- DOELAP / NVLAP Pre-Audit review
Training is an important part of any dosimetry program either as an ongoing proficiency measure or when new staff members are added to the team. We have over 22 years of experience in the field of External Dosimetry, both Active & Passive, as well as Radiation Protection with significant global market & technical knowledge. Our expertise in this field provides you with access to the best practices from the Manufacturer as well as a global experience base of Harshaw TLD users. We have provided dosimetry training on a global basis which includes the IAEA and customers in Africa, China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and North, Central & South America. We are recognized as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) Internationally in the field of External Dosimetry as a US Delegate working on ANSI, IEC and ISO Standards.
Harshaw TLD product training leverages our experience, which includes materials, instruments, software and algorithms. Since you may have specific requirements or configurations our customized training will target your needs allowing us to focus on areas where you feel there would be more benefit. These training programs may be as short as a one day introduction to more in-depth targeted lessons or a full five day program of onsite classroom and hands on work.
Serving the External Dosimetry, Radiation Detection, and Spectroscopy communities since 2012.
Designed by Rotunda Scientific Technologies™ LLC © 2012-2019