The LEDµSF is a new device that is essential to answer critical questions during the scientific analysis of materials in artwork.
- Characterization of pictorial techniques
- Pigment Restoration assistance
- Diagnosis of the state of conservation
A portable spectrofluorimeter for non-invasive analysis of cultural heritage artworks using LED sources.
- Portable and lightweight spectrofluorimeter
- Contactless, non-invasive and non-destructive measurements
- Modular Design: exchangeable LEDs from 255 - 623 nm according to the materials analyzed
- Irradiation Spot: ca. 1 mm
- Remote triggering with the possibility to set integration time (adjustable from 3 μs - 600 s)
- Database of reference spectra of pigments and binders
- White LED for reflectance spectra
- Camera and two red lasers for easy positioning and adjustment of the working distance (ca. 4 cm)
- Recordable spectra from 190 - 1100 nm with a resolution of 1.5 nm
Fluorescence emission of five different red pigments
UV Fluorescence Analysis of Organic and Inorganic Materials
Monitoring of an Accelerated Aging
Legend: Before irradiation, the cochineal has a maximum of fluorescence emission at about 640 nm (due to anthraquinones compounds: carminic acid & laccaic acid).
After 12 hours of UV light irradiation at 254 nm, the maximum of emission shifts towards the short wavelengths (625 nm) and the band of the yellow components is more visible at 577 nm which indicates the destruction of the red carminic acid.
- Software for post measurement processing (example: Kubelka Munk treament)
- Optical and Opto-mechanical Positioning Elements:
• An X/Y adjustment plate
• A tripod with Z positioning
• USB cables
LED Sources Up to 15 different wavelengths (255 - 623 nm) are available
Serving the External Dosimetry, Radiation Detection, and Spectroscopy communities since 2012.
Designed by Rotunda Scientific Technologies™ LLC © 2012-2018
Tripod with Z positioning Targeting using 2 laser pointers Easy operation from touch screen LEDµSF
Power Requirements 24 V power supply or power bank
Certification Manufactured under ISO 9001 guidelines, CE conform
Dimensions 170 x 80 x 53 mm
6.69 x 3.15 x 2.08 in.
Weight ca. 0.8 kg ~ 1.76 lbs